Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sometimes you see the dragon; sometimes you are the dragon

I have been struggling with the rewrite of Kaleidoscope. Not the actual writing but going back through the emotional content of the events. It is difficult for me to stay light and distant from situations that hurt so much. The last thing I want is to drag ass through the thing, wandering from ponderous to petulant to oh-poor-me and back. That isn't writing to share; I wouldn't publish it. Everyone deals with their share of pain and suffering. The Buddha says that's what life is.

On the other hand, for me to think adding my story is a kind of piling on is self-aggrandizing. Like they say in meetings, people will take what they need and leave the rest. It probably is not that I worry about the pain I may inflict on others but the pain I feel as I write.

Super.

No comments:

Post a Comment